[squid-users] Persistent Connections - only one side

Mathew Marulla matt_m at me.com
Tue Nov 25 02:16:07 UTC 2014

Need to know if this is even possible…

We have a PHP app that uses CURL to send requests/get responses from servers of various business partners.  The connections to these partner servers are not currently persistent.  Setting keep-alive headers would be ineffective because the connections are necessarily closed when the PHP code exists, at the end of each transaction.  Something like this:

Now, we have a potential partner that requires persistent, re-used connections.  Changing the system architecture so that the PHP code remains running is not an option.  I was wondering if a proxy server, running on the same server as the PHP code, could keep the outside half persistent, even after the inside half closes.  Like this:

Is this possible?  Is there a config option that might achieve this?

Thanks!