[squid-users] Centralized Squid - design and implementation

Carlos Defoe carlosdefoe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 11:39:15 UTC 2014

Use a load balancer. HAproxy will do the trick, if you don't want to
spend some money on a professional load balancer like F5 big-ip.

Don't drop the use of wpad. You can send the balancer name (eg.
proxy.your.domain) as a default for every client, and send the names
of the proxy nodes as a failover.