[squid-users] SslBump Squid - Dropbox client does not work

Guy Helmer guy.helmer at palisadesystems.com
Mon Nov 10 14:40:02 UTC 2014

> On Nov 10, 2014, at 5:08 AM, Jatin Bhasin <jbhasin83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using squid 3.4.9 and the Dropbox client does not work with
> SSLBump feature of squid. Dropbox client gives a message that it
> cannot make a secure connection. Does anyone know fix or workaround or
> this issue?
>

> Thanks,
> Jatin

I’ve researched this and even contacted Dropbox tech support — Dropbox seems to use its own SSL library and doesn’t provide a way to add a trusted root cert. I haven’t found an easy way to work around this when using intercept mode. I would like to try out 3.5’s peek & splice to see if it can help.

Guy