[squid-users] anyone transparently proxying ipv6?

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Mon Dec 8 12:35:03 UTC 2014

Hi there

We're not even running ipv6 yet so this is a curiosity question for me
:-) We're using transparent proxy for ipv4 (via WCCP); ipv6 will show up
at some stage - so forewarned is forearmed and all that

I see from the squid documentation that the normal transparent proxy
options disable ipv6 - except if it's TPROXY - in which case it's
"disables authentication and maybe IPv6 on the port"

It does look like TPROXY (via iptables) does support transparently
modifying packets in non-NAT mode, but the "maybe" makes me think it
isn't tested? Is anyone successfully transparently proxying ipv6
traffic? Can TPROXY be used over WCCP?

Thanks!

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Corporate Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +1 408 481 8171