[squid-users] Squid doesn't do a fallback from ipv6 to ipv4, if the ipv6 connect fails

Dieter Bloms squid at bloms.de
Mon Dec 8 15:48:25 UTC 2014

Hello,

we use squid 3.4.9 as proxy for our company with ipv4 and ipv6 dual
stack.
It works good, but if a destination has an A and AAAA record and the
webserver isn't reachable via ipv6, squid generates an error page
instead of trying a connection via ipv4.

One example is the url:

https://ssl.ratsinfo-online.net/pirna-ri/logon.asp

where squid tries to reach the webside via the ip
2001:8d8:87c:5f00::6e:72d6, but without success, because it isn't
reachable.

Now I want, that squid does a fallback to ipv4 after connect_timeout,
but squid returns an error page (ERR_CONNECT_FAIL) to the client.

--
Regards

  Dieter