[squid-dev] mirrors with missing files

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Nov 2 13:01:26 UTC 2023

On 2023-11-02 07:59, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2023-11-01, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you really, really _need_ to "deprecate, cleanup, and simplify a lot"
>>> in order to stop mirroring tomorrow?! Start doing new minor releases on
>>> GitHub a month from now? FWIW, I have asked for specifics many times,
>>> but am still unaware of any serious obstacles on the way to those goals.
>>>

>> As I have mentioned multiple times ... there is a reason we have Jenkins
>> building the tarballs.
>>

>> Please run the following commands:
>>
>> wget
>> https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/archive/refs/tags/SQUID_6_3.tar.gz &&
>> 	tar -xvf SQUID_6_3.tar.gz &&
>> 	./configure &&
>> 	make check
>
> That's using github's on-the-fly generated tarballs; it's also possible to
> upload a "release artefact" which is the proper project-generated tar.gz.

Hi Stuart,

     I hope you have better luck with dismantling these poor excuses and
FUD! I have been doing that for a long time with no signs of success.
"Where there is a will, there is a way". We lack the former IMO.

 > (and it doesn't preclude _also_ having mirrors)

... or other valid solutions (for other problems, including the alleged
problem of "USA hosted content").

Alex.