[squid-dev] Squid + docker multi-distro test builds script

ngtech1ltd at gmail.com ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 21:10:40 UTC 2022

Francesco,

This is a very good bash script.

Thanks!

----
Eliezer Croitoru
NgTech, Tech Support
Mobile: +972-5-28704261
Email: ngtech1ltd at gmail.com <mailto:ngtech1ltd at gmail.com>
Web: https://ngtech.co.il/
My-Tube: https://tube.ngtech.co.il/

From: squid-dev <squid-dev-bounces at lists.squid-cache.org> On Behalf Of Francesco Chemolli
Sent: Sunday, 26 June 2022 14:03
To: Squid Developers <squid-dev at lists.squid-cache.org>
Subject: [squid-dev] Squid + docker multi-distro test builds script

Hi all,
   in order to facilitate multiplatform (at least on Linux) development velocity, let me share a script I use for this purpose. It is based on the same tech we run our CI farm on.

the script is at https://github.com/kinkie/support-tools/blob/master/squid-build/do-build

It's reasonably well documented via the standard --help mechanism. It's meant ot be run a Linux system with docker.

The main convenience argument is "--in <distro>"

$ do-build --in debian-stable --all

will - as you may guess - run a bootstrap/configure/build/test cycle in the current working directory in a debian-stable runtime environment.

I hope this helps others increase their velocity on multi multi-distribution development. Please keep in mind I make no promises on this script - I occasionally tinker with it and it may break.
Feedback is welcome

--
    Francesco