[squid-dev] Squid + docker multi-distro test builds script

Francesco Chemolli gkinkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 11:03:03 UTC 2022

Hi all,
   in order to facilitate multiplatform (at least on Linux) development
velocity, let me share a script I use for this purpose. It is based on the
same tech we run our CI farm on.

the script is at
https://github.com/kinkie/support-tools/blob/master/squid-build/do-build

It's reasonably well documented via the standard --help mechanism. It's
meant ot be run a Linux system with docker.

The main convenience argument is "--in <distro>"

$ do-build --in debian-stable --all

will - as you may guess - run a bootstrap/configure/build/test cycle in the
current working directory in a debian-stable runtime environment.

I hope this helps others increase their velocity on multi
multi-distribution development. Please keep in mind I make no promises on
this script - I occasionally tinker with it and it may break.
Feedback is welcome

--
    Francesco