[squid-dev] Want to integrate squid github to Jenkins CI

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Jan 22 14:21:17 UTC 2020

On 1/21/20 11:30 PM, Justin Michael Schwartzbeck wrote:

> So I guess maybe I need to narrow this down a little bit more. Is there
> some programmatic way that I can get the *latest stable release*
> *version* and *source download link*?

If you want GitHub integration, then you should get all git tags from
the official Squid repository, filter/sort SQUID_X_Y release tags, find
the last tag, and checkout git sources using that tag.

Until the Squid Project starts using GitHub releases, your trigger will
probably have to be any repository modification. Such modifications are
infrequent so the amount of extra tag manipulation work (when the tag of
interest has not changes) will be small.

HTH,