[squid-dev] handling spaces in path to sources

Francesco Chemolli gkinkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 08:40:52 UTC 2020

Hi all,
  as a followup to discussion on PR 555, I was looking into safely handling
source code paths with spaces.

Turns out worrying is pointless: after doing the needed changes, doing a
test build with
builddir = "/Users/kinkie/src/test build with space"
srcdir = "/Users/kinkie/src/squid dir with space"
on MacOS catalina with homebrew

resulted in configure failing with error:
checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: unsafe
srcdir value: '/Users/kinkie/src/squid dir with space/test-suite/..'

If there is no regression with my changes, I'll submit the PR anyway, but
its benefits will be limited.

--
    Francesco