[squid-dev] handling spaces in path to sources

Francesco Chemolli gkinkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 09:46:10 UTC 2020

Following up.

TL;DR: it's pointless. Spaces in paths are not safe and do not work. Even
if we were to make our own scripts safe - which the feature tree above does
- configure will barf if there are spaces in the source tree path, and
libtool will fail assembling a safe compile command if there are spaces in
the build path.

The feature branch is at
https://github.com/kinkie/squid/tree/securify-test-builds

This was tested on MacOS Catalina with