[squid-dev] Introduction

Daniel Berredo vovohelo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 13:11:47 UTC 2017

Hello all,

My name is Daniel Santos and I am a DevOps in Brazil. I am working on a
Hotspot Captive Portal project using Squid and need to be to able to evict
an user from the Auth Cache before its ttl expired.
What would be the best way to start on a proper PR? Is there any dev
guidelines I should be aware of?

I am thinking about adding a new method to the CredentialsCache class
("evict", for example) and somehow make squid able to respond to a
variation of the "PURGE" method. Than I would be able to use squid client
to evict users from Auth Cache.

Is there anyone that could give me some directions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel