[squid-dev] introduce of myself ,I´m new

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Nov 11 17:11:03 UTC 2015

On 12/11/2015 3:09 a.m., Sebastian Kirschner wrote:
> Hi I´d like to introduce myself ,
>
> I´m 26 Years old live in Germany and work as IT-Administrator in a
> little company.
>
> My area of work include all what has to-do with IT from ordering
> computer install it and setup at users desk to setting up network
> with servers.
>
> At the moment my main topic is preparing a Firewall with the
> capability of Layer 7 Filtering, these include squid . After a short
> time I recognized that the "build-in" capabilities from the open
> source Firewall solution I would like to use aren't "enough" for my
> requirements.
>
> Then I started to build squid from freebsd ports and installed it on
> the Firewall OS and now I´m at a point where I need to improve(or at
> least try it) squid :-) .
>
> Because I would like to check the certificate that squid
> request(after the client started the request to squid) from
> https-sites against OCSP stapling, OCSP and CRL, but it isn't
> possible at the moment in my configuration because I use squid as
> transparent proxy.
>
> At the moment my "area of improvement" would be the SSL server
> certificate validator and later the certificate validation.
>
> I hope the introducing is not to long :-).
>
> Best Regards Sebastian

Hello Sebastian, and very welcome.

It is great to have more eyes on the TLS/SSL related code. Particularly
for the helpers you wish to focus on.

Please feel free to post any questions on the dev mailing list. Or if
you need quicker feedback, some of us try to hang out on IRC Freenode in
the #squiddev channel.

If you were not aware of it already,
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/DeveloperResources> contains links to most
of the Squid Projects developer information. Particular ones of note are
the coding guidelines and merge procedure (when you have a patch to go in).

Amongst the existing team, Christos seems to have the best handle on how
OpenSSL works and is the main developer authoring a lot of the current
SSL code. Alex and myself are playing catchup on his work while also
doing audit and design oversight-like activity. I am also attempting a
project to generalize the code for non-OpenSSL library support, which
will sometimes affect the code you are dealing with.

Wecome to the dev team.

Amos Jeffries