[squid-dev] Squid Proxy Chaining with SSL Bumping

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Nov 7 06:21:12 UTC 2015

On 7/11/2015 5:01 p.m., skeetz9r wrote:
> I am running Squid 3.5 and using carp amongst some peers with a frontend
> proxy. My frontend proxy is also bumping the connections and then directing
> requests to the parents which are also bumping the connections. However this
> setup does not seem to work, I wanted to know if I am hitting a bug or this
> sort of setup isn't supported at all as of now.

Squid ensures that the secure traffic remains secure. You should still
be able to do carp amongst the peers, provided that they have encrypted
connections between them.

Configure the backend proxies with https_port instead of http_port.

Configure the frontend proxy cache_peer with 'ssl'. If necessary cafile=
parameter can contain the CA public cert that signed the backend
certificates.