[squid-users] Error Question

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Jun 12 13:13:30 UTC 2024

On 2024-06-11 23:32, Jonathan Lee wrote:

> So I just run this on command line SIGABRT squid?

On Unix-like systems, the command to send a process a signal is called
"kill": https://www.man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/kill.1p.html

For example, if you want to abort a Squid worker process that has OS
process ID (PID) 12345, you may do something like this:

     sudo kill -SIGABRT 12345

You can use "ps" or "top" commands to learn PIDs of processes you want
to signal.

> also added an item to the Netgate forum to, but not many users are
> Squid wizards

Beyond using a reasonable coredump_dir value in squid.conf, the system
administration problems you need to solve to enable Squid core dumps are
most likely not specific to Squid.

HTH,

Alex.