[squid-users] SQUID - WINDBIND - very slow internet speed

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Jul 26 14:03:52 UTC 2024

On 2024-07-26, Andre wrote:

> How to know if the helper supports concurrent requests?

Good question! You need to consult helper documentation. If that does
not exist or does not document concurrency, one can analyze helper
source code and/or test concurrency support, but those two activities
require specialized skills. Testing is especially difficult because a
helper may not violently/visibly reject "concurrent" protocol messages:
Many helpers were written under the false assumption that they will
never receive invalid traffic.

Asking here (and then improving helper documentation!) may be the best
option.

HTH,

Alex.