[squid-users] Squid Version squid-5.7-150400.3.6.1.x86_64 -- Squid is crashing continusly

M, Anitha (CSS) anitha.m at hpe.com
Thu Jul 18 21:08:05 UTC 2024

Hi Eliezer,

Pls find my comments inline.

________________________________
From: ngtech1ltd at gmail.com <ngtech1ltd at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2024 12:51 AM
To: squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org <squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org>
Cc: M, Anitha (CSS) <anitha.m at hpe.com>
Subject: RE: [squid-users] Squid Version squid-5.7-150400.3.6.1.x86_64 -- Squid is crashing continusly

Hey Anitha,

There are couple missing details.
Is it a brand new proxy? What OS are you using? What Distro?
>>No. It's not a brand new. We are using SLES SP4
gl-mh-dca-zav-squidproxy02:~ # cat /etc/os-release
NAME="SLES"
VERSION="15-SP4"
VERSION_ID="15.4"
PRETTY_NAME="SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP4"
ID="sles"
ID_LIKE="suse"
ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:suse:sles:15:sp4"
DOCUMENTATION_URL="https://documentation.suse.com/"

It looks like a very simple forward proxy setup.

When is the proxy crashing? At startup? After a while?
One the squid starts within 5 mins it will be keep on crashing.

Thanks,
Eliezer