[squid-users] Rewriting HTTP to HTTPS for generic package proxy

Fiehe, Christoph c.fiehe at eurodata.de
Sun Jul 14 16:59:16 UTC 2024

Hi Alex,

sorry, I have not seen your message, yet. Thank you very much for your helping support.

(A) I will try to find a way to test, how a new Squid build based on OpenSSL behaves under those circumstances. It will take some time.

(B) Yes, Squid does nothing wrong, it is a very specific use case. I would prefer to utilize a dedicated package caching solution, but there are only a few available. It's a pity that Apt-Cacher-NG is in such a bad state. Unfortunately, I lack the required C/C++ skills to do the code extensions in Squid by myself.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,
Christoph