[squid-users] TCP_MISS_ABORTED/502

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Jul 12 16:10:54 UTC 2024

On 2024-07-12 11:38, Ben Toms wrote:
> Think I made the changes Alex requested:
>
> 12/Jul/2024:15:36:31 +0000.640 local.server.ip TCP_MISS_ABORTED/502 3974
> GET https://local.server.fqdn/path/to/file -
> FIRSTUP_PARENT/public.ip.of.public.server text/html
> ERR_READ_ERROR/WITH_SERVER

Thank you for using Squid v6 for this test.

Unfortunately, due to Squid logging bugs, ERR_READ_ERROR/WITH_SERVER
does not always mean what it says. For example, parent Squid could have
closed the child-parent connection prematurely, but there could be other
reasons. A full debugging log should give us more information.

> 2024/07/12 14:57:08.678 kid1| 11,2| Stream.cc(274) sendStartOfMessage:
> HTTP Client REPLY:

This is a child proxy response to the client. We need parent response to
the child proxy. Look for "HTTP Server RESPONSE" lines instead.

HTH,

Alex.