[squid-users] After upgrade from 5.7 to 5.9 the whitelists were not listed , we had to readd them.

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Jul 11 14:52:11 UTC 2024

On 2024-07-11 10:23, Alan Long wrote:
> We did an upgrade from 5.7 to 5.9 and after the upgrade the whitelists
> we had were gone. We had to recreate them and set them up under the
> access control section.
>
> Anyone seen this? I have another one in queue for upgrade, and will get
> more info once we run the upgrade, but wanted to ask if this is a known
> issue.
>
> Also our delay pool had to be recreated as well.

What do you use to upgrade/install Squid? Do you build Squid from
sources and then run "make install"? Or do you use some packaging
software provided by a third party?

Do you put your access rules (a.k.a. whitelists) into squid.conf? Was
you squid.conf overwritten? With some default configuration??

FWIW, native Squid "make install" does not install or update squid.conf
file AFAICT. It installs squid.cond.documented and squid.conf.default.

HTH,