[squid-users] Squid as http to https forward proxy

Wagner, Juergen03 juergen.3.wagner at continental-corporation.com
Fri Jul 5 14:15:23 UTC 2024

>FWIW, I do not know why URL scheme rewriting does not work in your use case. In principle, bugs notwithstanding, I would expect URL scheme rewriting to work. In my original response, I was focusing on avoiding rewrites for a case where they should not be >needed because they should not be needed (in that use case) and because they did not work (in your specific tests), but _not_ because they should not work in principle or on some fundamental level.

Do you expect that by just changing the URL scheme from http to https Squid is doing the encryption and decryption of the data?
My suspicion was or is, that Squid is just forwarding the unencrypted data form the http client to the https server.

How can I check this when generating the Squid logs with "debug_options ALL, 9"

Regards,
Juergen

<<
FWIW, I do not know why URL scheme rewriting does not work in your use case. In principle, bugs notwithstanding, I would expect URL scheme rewriting to work. In my original response, I was focusing on avoiding rewrites for a case where they should not be needed because they should not be needed (in that use case) and because they did not work (in your specific tests), but _not_ because they should not work in principle or on some fundamental level.

Internal