[squid-users] squidclient ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Feb 28 14:31:08 UTC 2024

On 2024-02-28 08:52, Francesco Chemolli wrote:

> just replace
>
> squidclient mgr:objects
>
> with
>
> curl --silent --user squid_cachemgr_user:squd_cachemgr_password
> http://squid.host.name:3128/squid-internal-mgr/objects

Neither is required for basic cases, but it is better, IMHO, to use
--no-progress-meter instead of error-hiding --silent.

One only needs --user when accessing password-protected reports.

The biggest difficulty in this conversion is with guessing what hostname
a modern Squid will recognize as its own. And the correct guess is
likely to change when we fix the remaining bugs.

Cheers,

Alex.