[squid-users] squidclient -h 127.0.0.1 -p 3128 mgr:info shows access denined

Francesco Chemolli gkinkie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 06:46:23 UTC 2024

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 2:20 AM Jonathan Lee <jonathanlee571 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just to confirm
>
> the cache_object://url scheme was removed in Squid 6.6 was it replaced
> with just squid-internal-mgr???

Hi,
  yes, that's it. In addition, squidclient is no longer built or
distributed with Squid, since any web browser can do the
job just as well if not better.
For Squid 7, I am in the process of converting the output of cache manager
reports to yaml, to allow using even more widely available tools.

> so squidclient mgr:info
>
> can we still use this or no?
>
> On Apr 6, 2024, at 20:18, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>
> On 6/04/24 18:48, Jonathan Lee wrote:
>
> Correction I can’t access it from the loop back
>

> From the config in the other "Squid cache questions" thread you are only
> intercepting traffic on the loopback 127.0.0.1:3128 port. You cannot
> access it directly on "localhost".
>
> You do have direct proxy (and thus manager) access via the
> 192.168.1.1:3128 so this URL should work:
>  http://192.168.1.1:3128/squid-internal-mgr/menu
>

> .. or substitute the raw-IP for the visible_hostname setting **if** that
> hostname actually resolves to that IP.
>

> HTH
> Amos

    Francesco