[squid-users] SQUID_TLS_ERR_ACCEPT+TLS_LIB_ERR=A000417+TLS_IO_ERR

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Apr 10 15:38:57 UTC 2024

On 2024-04-10 10:50, Jonathan Lee wrote:

> I am getting the following error in 6.6 after a upgrade from 5.8 does anyone know what this is caused by?
>
> SQUID_TLS_ERR_ACCEPT+TLS_LIB_ERR=A000417+TLS_IO_ERR

     $ openssl errstr A000417
     error:0A000417:SSL routines::sslv3 alert illegal parameter

I think I have seen that error code before, but I do not recall the
exact circumstances. Sorry! The error happens when Squid tries to accept
(or peek at) a TLS connection from the client. Might be prohibited TLS
version/feature, TLS greasing, or non-TLS traffic? Try examining client
TLS Hello packet(s) in Wireshark.