[squid-users] Chrome auto-HTTPS-upgrade - not falling to http

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Apr 3 15:05:02 UTC 2024

On 2024-04-03 02:14, Loučanský Lukáš wrote:

> this has recently started me up more then let it go. For a while
> chrome is upgrading in-page links to https.
Just to add two more pieces of related information to this thread:

Some Squid admins report that their v6-based code does not suffer from
this issue while their v5-based code does. I have not verified those
reports, but there may be more to the story here. What Squid version are
_you_ using?

One way to track progress with this annoying and complex issue is to
follow the following pull request. The current code cannot be officially
merged as is, and I would not recommend using it in production (because
of low-level bugs that will probably crash Squid in some cases), but
testing it in the lab and providing feedback to authors may be useful:

https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/pull/1668

HTH,