[squid-users] Squid BUG: assurance failed: tok.skip(WellKnownUrlPathPrefix())

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Sep 15 01:46:09 UTC 2023

On 15/09/23 09:55, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 2023-09-14 06:40, Loučanský Lukáš wrote:
>
>> But - could someone (or you) clarify the next one for me? I've read
>> some questions about the "new" cachemgr.cgi and the MGR_INDEX template.
>
> Sorry, I cannot help with cachemgr.cgi without heroic efforts. IMHO,
> Squid Project should remove cachemgr.cgi feature instead of supporting
> it. I hope that somebody else will help you with it.

FYI, the cachemgr.cgi provided by current Squid tries to auto-detect the
existence of a working MGR_INDEX and simply provides a URL to that
instead of doing the "old" CGI interface things.

The reasons to use it are:
  1) when managing very outdated Squid versions, or
  2) managing Squid which have not yet had a tool providing MGR_INDEX
installed yet.

The recent changes to squidclient "mgr:" support and the cache_object://
  URL scheme have had a few issues. I am currently setting up a test
environment to analyze and re-document the new/current situation.
Hopefully some detailed info can be added to the wiki in the coming days.

HTH