[squid-users] Cache NTLM Authenticaion

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Oct 27 08:28:28 UTC 2023

On 27/10/23 14:08, Andre Bolinhas wrote:
> Hi
>
> It's possible squid cache NTLM authentication from users?

NTLM tokens are unique per TCP connection. So no, caching is a pointless
waste of CPU and memory. The best that can be done already is.

> My goal is to store the credentials in cache in order to reduce the
> request to Active Directory.

The only way to do that is to reduce unique TCP connections between
clients and Squid.

Check that
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/client_persistent_connections/>
directive is either absent or turned "on" explicitly.

> I'm trying guide from this squid : auth_param configuration directive
> (squid-cache.org) <http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/auth_param/>
> but there is no information relative to cache the authentication /
> credentials.
>
> Also, in NTLM did you recommend to use the keep_alive option?

If it works, yes. Though be aware it only affects the initial request of
the NTLM handshake.

Cheers