[squid-users] [ext] Squid quits while starting?!

Stuart Henderson stu.lists at spacehopper.org
Mon Oct 2 09:26:39 UTC 2023

On 2023-10-02, Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de> wrote:
> Squid COULD have initialized the DB itself.
> That's the criticism I'm willing to allow.
> If it KNOWS what's wrong, why not "fix" it itself.

In the cache db case: it _doesn't_ know what is wrong. Perhaps it is
indeed because the DB hasn't been initialised (though it may not have
access permissions to create the db anyway), but it could equally be
that a partition is not mounted - refusing to start at least makes it
obvious that there's a problem.