[squid-users] [ext] Squid quits while starting?!

Francesco Chemolli gkinkie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 07:19:34 UTC 2023

Please, everyone, let's keep the discussion civil; insulting other
participants will not achieve anything good for anyone.

On the merit of the conversation: Squid is the result of the work and
passion of countless people (including myself and many other participants
to this forum) who contribute their time and expertise for free, in the
hope that it will be helpful to others.
There is no expectation placed anywhere on anyone that they contribute
anything for free, be it code, advice, documentation, or support.

There is one authoritative source of information about the behaviour of the
software, and that's the source code, which is freely available.
Improvements to Squid's behaviour are always welcome, under the form of
pull requests.
In fact, many valuable code contributions happened because someone was
dissatisfied with the behaviour of Squid (or any other Free/Open Source
Software) in their use case.

Again, please keep it civil; harassment of any kind to anyone is unwelcome
here.

Francesco Chemolli
Squid Software Foundation

On Mon, Oct 2, 2023 at 9:04 AM Dave Blanchard <dave at killthe.net> wrote:

> I'm in no mood for your bullshit. Pretending as if the daemon has
> successfully launched but just silently failing with no warning, then
> requiring me to jump through hoops to dig up some completely meaningless
> error message that I have to Google for is OBVIOUSLY NOT how it's done.
>
> Every other piece of software on the planet knows better, so maybe get a
> clue.
>
> There have been countless books written on proper user interface design;
> try reading one.

    Francesco