[squid-users] cache_peer round robin

Alexeyяр Gruzdov my.shellac at gmail.com
Tue May 23 05:29:11 UTC 2023

Hello!

Looks like this doesn't help. And this affect is more pronounced if you add
more cache_peers and a lot of these doesn't alive.

For example:  If to have 50 whole of parent proxy, and ten of these is
alive  -  the squid hangs on the first UP parent and looks like it make
checking all other and looks like some timer expired and squid still
working with one first up parent, after some time (30 sec or 40 sec) the
round-robin works again for just one two next parent proxy, and then again
hangs on one parent
May be we could to change some response timer in cache_peer checking
procedure ?

Thank you.
Alexg