[squid-users] Squid ntlm_authenticator #Hlpr254332 exited

Adam Majer amajer at suse.de
Tue May 2 10:31:38 UTC 2023

On 4/28/23 21:05, Bobby Matznick wrote:
> Upgraded to Debian 11 and all that comes with that (updated all

Debian 12 is coming out in a month or so, so please try to upgrade sooner ;)

> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
>
> Squid cache log entries:
> ipcCreate:  //usr/bin/ntlm_auth:  (13) Permission denied
> WARNING: ntlmauthenticator #Hlpr253452 exited

/usr/bin/ntlm_auth doesn't exist in squid and didn't exist in the last
Debian version (buster) either. If it's your own script, it says that
it's simply not executable

I've found now that this file comes from package `winbind`. Do you have
it installed?

https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/winbind

Squid is not looking anywhere except what you have in squid.conf.

- Adam