[squid-users] logging: TCP connection to x.x.x.x/3128 failed

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Thu Mar 30 11:58:00 UTC 2023

Hi Squid Community,

we recently updated one of our stage 1 proxies to Ubuntu 22.04 with
Squid 5.8. The setup is like so:
clients <-> loadbalancer <-> stage 1 proxies <-> stage 2 proxies <-> internet

Now the cache.log on the stage 1 proxy is polluted with a lot of
messages like: TCP connection to x.x.x.x/3128 failed

The message appear when a client tries to connect to a website which
does not resolve via DNS. The parent stage 2 proxy sends then a
50x error and the stage 1 proxy logs messages like above for every
of the six stage 2 proxies.

How can we suppress these messages or can they be fixed to what is
really happening?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

best regards
 Waldemar