[squid-users] squid 5.7 Bad request from parent cache after squid -k reconfigure

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Mar 26 16:05:02 UTC 2023

On 24/03/2023 2:34 pm, Francisco wrote:
> Hi, (first Iapologize for my English) I have a local squid proxy in
> forward mode, with parent cache. I'm trying calc and restrict
> authenticated users that reach the assigned cuote on certains domains
> and sites, and for that I store the access log into database that
> match determinates ACL.

> Every one minute run an script that calc http_size for every user from
> database (leaving out logs records derived from TCP_HIT_, zero size,
> NONE, etc, etc), and those users that get her assigned limit, I put
> them into a file (that point to an access deny_rule), and make squid
> -k reconfigure.

Constantly reconfiguring Squid has a large number of side effects such
as the one you noticed. Avoiding that is a good idea.

I recommend having a table in the database with the details about
whether a user is allowed (or not). The ext_sql_session_acl helper can
check that table to allow/deny users.
  <http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/manuals/ext_sql_session_acl.html>

HTH