[squid-users] limit down- & upload speed for each proxy to 30 Mbit

Marcus Boldt datpwny at outlook.com
Sun Mar 12 17:17:03 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

I currently have Squid 4.13 installed on Debian 11 and have several outgoing IPv4 addresses with authentication.
I would now like to limit the download & upload speed for all proxies to 30 Mbit download & upload speed.
I came across the "pools" and tried different configurations, but unfortunately not one of them works.

My config looks like this:

delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_parameters 1 32000/75000
delay_access 1 allow All

or

delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 2
delay_parameters 1 20480/20480 2048/2048
delay_access 1 allow all

I've tried some guides (https://www.howtoforge.com/squid-delay-pools-bandwidth-management) but unfortunately none of them work. However, the required Squid module is activated.

I would be very happy if someone could help me.

kind regards
PWNY