[squid-users] Missing translation directories und 'errors' in squid 5.8

Avram-Teodor Berindeie admin at eduaicta.ro
Fri Mar 3 06:22:04 UTC 2023

A solution if the error messages in English are OK is to set this directive
in squid.conf:
error_directory /<path to>/squid/share/errors/templates
For error messages in other languages, information in this link
<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Translations>.
This configuration options can also be used:
*--enable*/disable*-translation*
By default, Squid tries to present error and manual pages in a local
language. If we don't want this to happen, then we can use this option.
*--enable*/disable*-auto-locale*
Based on a client's request headers, Squid tries to automatically provide
localized error pages. We can use this option to disable automatic
localization. The error_directory tag in the Squid configuration file must
be configured if we use this option.