[squid-users] make URL bypass squid proxy

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Jun 27 20:51:10 UTC 2023

On 6/27/23 16:29, robert k Wild wrote:
> Ok I've literally commented out "http deny all" so the proxy isn't
> blocking anything and allowing everything
>
> http_access allow activation whitelist
> #http_access deny all
>
> And still it's not allowing this specific URL to go through the proxy
>
> activate.redshift3d.com <http://activate.redshift3d.com>
>
> Well it is but it isn't, as it's an activation URL it isn't activating
> the app via the proxy, as soon as I pop the pc on the internet, it
> activates the app
>
> Any ideas guys?

If you have not already, restore the "deny all" rule and make sure that
everything works if you do not bump traffic. Use just "http_port 3128"
if you have to, without the ssl-bump flag and related ssl_bump rules.

Once the above is working, I would check whether your app trusts your CA
certificate (/usr/local/squid/etc/ssl_cert/myCA.pem). If you have not
done anything about that trust on the app side, then that app will not
trust it, and all bumped transactions will fail because the app will
refuse to receive TLS traffic related to that certificate.

Add %err_code/%err_detail fields to your access.log using the logformat
and access_log directives. They may help identify failed transactions.

HTH,

Alex.