[squid-users] make URL bypass squid proxy

robert k Wild robertkwild at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 06:36:20 UTC 2023

 Hi Eliezer,

this is a snippet of my whitelist and no intercept SSL config

#SSL Interception
acl DiscoverSNIHost at_step SslBump1
acl NoSSLIntercept ssl::server_name_regex
"/usr/local/squid/etc/interceptssl.txt"
ssl_bump peek DiscoverSNIHost
ssl_bump splice NoSSLIntercept
ssl_bump bump all
#
#SSL Bump
http_port 3128 ssl-bump cert=/usr/local/squid/etc/ssl_cert/myCA.pem
generate-host-certificates=on dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB
sslcrtd_program /usr/local/squid/libexec/security_file_certgen -s
/var/lib/ssl_db -M 4MB
#
#deny up MIME types
acl upmime req_mime_type "/usr/local/squid/etc/mimedeny.txt"
#
#deny URL links
acl url_links url_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/linksurl.txt"
#
#allow special URL paths
acl special_url url_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/urlspecial.txt"
#
#deny down MIME types
acl downmime rep_mime_type "/usr/local/squid/etc/mimedeny.txt"
#
http_reply_access allow special_url
http_reply_access deny downmime
#http_access deny upmime
#http_access deny url_links
#
#HTTP_HTTPS whitelist websites
acl whitelist ssl::server_name_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/urlwhite.txt"
#
http_access allow activation whitelist
http_access deny all

so basically no SSL interception

#SSL Interception
acl DiscoverSNIHost at_step SslBump1
acl NoSSLIntercept ssl::server_name_regex
"/usr/local/squid/etc/interceptssl.txt"
ssl_bump peek DiscoverSNIHost
ssl_bump splice NoSSLIntercept
ssl_bump bump all

and whitelisting

#HTTP_HTTPS whitelist websites
acl whitelist ssl::server_name_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/urlwhite.txt"

in both txt files ie

/usr/local/squid/etc/interceptssl.txt
/usr/local/squid/etc/urlwhite.txt

i have a URL that first i have to whitelist and then if i want squid not to
inspect the url traffic i put it in the SSL interception (i do this as some
websites dont like MITM )

but even putting the URL in question in both files im still having issues
with this website ie its still being detected that its passing through a
proxy

thanks,
rob

--