[squid-users] compile error in squid v6.1

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jul 31 16:05:27 UTC 2023

On 7/31/23 11:26, botp wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> ' been  compiling (using default setting) squid since v5, my last
> version was 5.9, but, when i tried 6.1, i get the following error
> (enclosed in dashed lines):
> src/ipc/TypedMsgHdr.h:120:5: error: static assertion failed:
> getPod() used for a POD
>       static_assert(std::is_trivially_copyable<Pod>::value, "getPod()
> used for a POD");

IIRC, this error implies that your compiler does not fully support
C++17. Squid v6 requires decent C++17 support.

If I am right, then you will need to use a different/modern compiler
(but consider filing an enhancement request with Squid Bugzilla to
improve Squid handling of this specific problem -- our ./configure
should fail with a user-friendly error instead of the current outcome).

HTH,