[squid-users] Help with squid Proxy

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Jul 12 16:25:29 UTC 2023

On Wednesday 12 July 2023 at 18:11:08, Andrés Leandro Regalado wrote:

> I implemented squid proxy in a small office to filter the internet and now it
> blocks the communication of the mail client with the mail server, I need to
> know how I can allow outlook or thunderbird to work through squid.

I'm strongly tempted simply to say that you need to change your Squid or
router configuration in order to fix this problem.

For further details, please give us further details of what you have configured
so far, otherwise we're just guessing in the dark.

You tell us enough about your setup that we would be able to reproduce it on
our own networks, and we might be able to suggest to you what needs changing.

Don't forget to include details of how Outlook and Thunderbird are connecting
(or at least trying to) to your mail server.

Antony.

--
Programming is a Dark Art, and it will always be. The programmer is
fighting against the two most destructive forces in the universe:

 - Damian Conway, Perl God

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.