[squid-users] With Squid 6.5 -- ERROR: Failed to unpack Store entry metadata: swap meta MD5 mismatch?

Carl Vuosalo cvuosalo at cern.ch
Fri Dec 8 23:05:02 UTC 2023

We updated from Squid 5.9 to Squid 6.5, and then immediately started
seeing many of these new errors in the cache.log:

2023/12/08 23:26:52 kid1| ERROR: Failed to unpack Store entry metadata:
swap meta MD5 mismatch
     exception location: SwapMetaIn.cc(89) CheckSwapMetaKey
     current master transaction: master3394333

Can anyone suggest what these errors might mean? I looked at the source
code line indicated, but I couldn't understand what the issue might be.

Thanks.

---Carl