[squid-users] Disable IPV6 for certain destinations only?

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Tue Apr 18 07:38:14 UTC 2023

Hi!

We're using squid-6, currently v4 only. The use case for us is mostly
our users using our proxy to retrieve full text publications of
several thousand medical journals... via IPv4.

The publishers "know" our IPv4 range for the proxies and allow us to
download freely. What they don't (yet) know is our ipv6 range.

Thus arises the need to "fall back" to ipv4 in the unlikely case some
publisher already has ipv6, we connect via ipv6 and suddenly are not
allowed to download the publications.

Is there an acl for that kind of need?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt