[squid-users] Different routes for domains in dstdomains list

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Sep 30 01:51:02 UTC 2022

On 9/20/22 9:58 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> * If you want a request to go out on a connection that uses a particular
> source IP address then use the tcp_outgoing_address directives.

I don't know if the OP is wanting to use a different IP default gateway
or not; e.g. things in the dstdomain list would use ISP1 while things
not in dstdomain list would use ISP2.  At least that's what my
understanding of their message was.

On Linux, I don't know about other OSs, it's possible to configure
routing rules so that different source IPs are routed differently.  E.g.
IP1 uses ISP1 while IP2 used ISP2.

> * If you want to direct a request to different cache_peers, then use
> cache_peer_access and related directives.

I was originally thinking about targeting different cache_peers as a way
to cause traffic to be more easily identifiable from the routing layer.
But the tcp_outgoing_address seems to simplify this to the point that an
iproute2 rule can match based on the source IP.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die