[squid-users] TCP_MISS only

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Sep 29 15:15:48 UTC 2022

On 30/09/22 02:59, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Excellent I understand and agree with what you are saying. Is this
> behaviour documented within the Squid documentation anywhere, or is this
> more ‘how does the HTTP specification handle caching’?

It is HTTP basics. I have just re-phrased details from RFC 9110 and RFC
9111 to make them clearer in context of this conversation.

The details about methods can be found in
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9110#name-methods

The requirements on caches are covered in
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9111#name-overview-of-cache-operation.

> I am moving forward with a HTTP GET to see if that works per my use
> case. I assume therefore that any other verb is simply not going to work
> out the box?

Without knowing the details of your service API it is hard to answer
that question. From what you have mentioned so far I believe so. Or at
least it is the method most easily altered when you want non-default
behaviour to occur.

HTH