[squid-users] Squid proxy as outgoing gateway

Mark Schenk mark.schenk at vayapay.com
Tue Sep 20 04:53:25 UTC 2022

Hi squid community,

We have a use case in which we need to do mutual TLS with an upstream
server. Our internal services are using their own certificates, and we
would like to use the SQUID proxy as a kind of gateway to which we send
requests for the upstream server. The squid proxy will verify the incoming
certificate and if correct, replace it by a certificate that is appropriate
for the upstream server. I'm wondering whether this is possible with squid.
I have been looking into ssl-bump of squid but couldn't get it working.

Has anybody any experience with mutual authentication and squid ?

Cheers,

Mark