[squid-users] bandwidth statistics

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Sep 19 16:06:22 UTC 2022

Hi guys,

I am searching for tool that could produce detailed statistics of bandwidth
usage globally or for particular domains, e.g.  microsoft.com and webex.com
within day.

I have some experience with calamaris and lightsquid, neither of those does
that.

I've looked at tools at:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Misc/log-analysis.html
but neither seems to support what I want.

I'm thinking about making statistics for each second within a day
(lukily there's only 86400 seconds in day)

- each log provides start, duration and bytes transferred
- while not 100% accurate, it could at least give hint which sites take how
   much of bandwidth at which time.

does anyone know a hint which tool could do that, or perhaps which tools
could produce similat output?

I'm quite familiar with perl

Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.