[squid-users] Is there a way to ignore incoming If-Modified-Since request?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sat Sep 17 16:25:45 UTC 2022

On 9/14/22 07:30, Dave Dykstra wrote:
> I have tried playing around with reply_header_access and
> request_header_access, and looking for other options having to do
> with "ims" or "revalid" but have not had any luck finding an option
> to ignore If-Modified-Since headers in requests from clients.  Is
> there a way to do it?

Today, an ICAP/eCAP REQMOD service can edit or remove an incoming
request header field. However, if you just want to ignore
If-Modified-Since headers in all client requests, I would probably
modify Squid sources instead of building a whole adaptation service for
that task. See the attached untested unofficial unsupported patch.

We are also working on a built-in feature that can be (ab)used for your
use case, but it is not ready for production use or the official review
yet. I am only mentioning it here to say that the source code
modifications suggested above may not be permanent/long-term...

HTH,