[squid-users] https on frontend

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Sep 10 21:11:35 UTC 2022

On 11/09/22 06:19, Adiseshu Channasamudhram wrote:
> Hello Squid experts
>
> I'm running in to an issue with the below setup
>
> frontend
> -----------TLS-------------Squid-------------------------2WayTLS--------------------------Backend
>
> When frontend is sending the http request, i see the tls exchange is
> successful but then on the access log of squid, i see the below error
>
> w.x.y.z is the IP of the frontend server.
>
> 10/Sep/2022:00:13:34 +0000      0 w.x.y.z - - - TAG_NONE/400 4476 NONE
> error:invalid-request - HIER_NONE/- text/html - - -
> On the squid interface listening to the frontend, I have pointed it to a
> self signed cert ...
>
> Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Either the HTTP request messages received from the frontend inside the
TLS are invalid, or your frontend<->Squid is misconfigured.

We will need to see your squid.conf details. Specifically these
directives, though all settings (no comments or empty lines) would be
useful for a full check:
  http_port, https_port, cache_peer, tls_outgoing_options

Also a cache/log trace made with "debug_options ALL,0 11,2" will be helpful.