[squid-users] FW: Encrypted browser-Squid connection errors

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Oct 25 18:52:26 UTC 2022

> term "interception proxy" better defines what happens here:
>
> Instead, an interception proxy filters or redirects outgoing TCP port
> 80 packets (and occasionally other common port traffic).

Where did you pull that quote from?  I don't see "interception" anywhere
in RFC 2616.

Aside:  I'm thinking that we're having term collisions between "data
transparency" and "network transparency".  Wherein a data transparent
proxy doesn't modify the requested content and a network transparent
proxy is a proxy that the client isn't aware that it's using.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die