[squid-users] FW: Encrypted browser-Squid connection errors

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Oct 24 16:08:08 UTC 2022

On 10/24/22 9:48 AM, LEMRAZZEQ, Wadie wrote:
> But anyway, my next step is to use a PAC file, since it is the legacy
> method, if this doesn't work either I'm gonna use stunnels

I have (a superset of) the following in my PAC file.

It is working perfectly fine for me across multiple browsers and
multiple OSs.

function FindProxyForURL(url, host) {
	if (
		dnsDomainIs(host, "example.com") ||
		dnsDomainIs(host, "example.net") ||
		dnsDomainIs(host, "example.org") ||
		false
	) {
		return "DIRECT";
	} else {
		return "HTTPS 192.0.2.251:443; PROXY 192.0.2.251:80";
	}
}

N.B. I'm doing TLS Monkey in the Middle with a self signed cert
installed as a root CA in my client systems.  --  Being able to filter
HTTPS content is WONDERFUL.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die