[squid-users] FW: Encrypted browser-Squid connection errors

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Oct 21 17:54:31 UTC 2022

> I should have added, that squid does support FTP proxying using one of
> hacks I mentioned (I haven't tested it yet).

I think I used Squid's FTP protocol support years ago.

> And, since this requires other (FTP) protocol than the default (HTTP) at
> the proxy side, people free to configure it on random port they choose.
>
> FTP proxying is so rarely used that it doesn't even have common port
> besides 21 used for FTP.
The fundamental core component of my (sub)thread is that alternate ports
aren't /needed/.  The default IANA reserved port is perfectly fine.  --
Presuming that there isn't any contention or (site local) convention to
use a different port.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die